Thursday, November 19, 2009

Memories

Today I had a great day. Alex and I woke up and got a slow start. We had our breakfast and then played for a little while. He then took a nap. I had planned on going to get his 6 month vaccinations. When we went for his 6 month check up they wanted to give him his two vaccinations and his flu shot AND his H1N1 shot. I felt like 4 shots were to many for his little body to handle so I decided to get him both flu shots and to bring him back for his vaccinations. That was two weeks ago and I still have not made it. I really intended on going today but when I drove by the parking lot on the way to have lunch with my grandpa the parking lot was packed and I did not want to sit and wait forever in a germ infested dr office. So I drove on, but I really plan on taking him in the morning. I had wanted to take him on a day that I didn't work in case he was fussy but I know GJ and Kyle can handle it.
So I went and had lunch with my grandpa. For those of you that don't know he is 83 years old and lives here in the winter and in Tennessee in the summer. It is always so nice to spend time with him and to hear his stories ( even though sometimes I have heard them 100 times :)) We went to ditto's, it really makes his day that we go spend time with him so I really am going to try and have lunch with hi
at least once a week. He said something to me today that really made me think. He said that if Kyle and I have 4 or 5 kids he won't live to see them all. This broke my heart because he is an amazing man who I pray all my children will get to meet. After we had lunch we went back to his condo and sat together and talked. I really cherish our time together. And I know he does to.
On my way home I called my mom. She shared with me that one of her friends had lost her grandbaby today. He was stillborn when she went in for her scheduled c-section. This absolutely broke my heart. It made me remember that to be thankful for all that I have been blessed with. Please keep them in your prayers as they face this tragedy in their life.
I am working all wekend as we prepare for kyle's sisters wedding next Saturday. I am looking forward to spending some quality time with lots of family this week. Don't forget to tell everyone you love that you love them, you never know what tomorrow will bring.

1 comment:

Followers